Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome Home

First of all, I must apologize! It has been forever since I updated this blog. In my defense, we did not have internet in our apartment in California, so I wasn't able to update regularly. However, we are finally settled! And when I say settled I mean settled! After a long year of living out of a suitcase and living all over the country, we finally have a a place to call home.
This is our pretty new house that unbelievably, sits on the Potomac. Just as a reminder, we live in Washington, DC. Andy works at a Naval Intelligence base, right on the DC-Maryland border, called Suitland. We live on a base in the District called, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. We were not sure how we would like living on base, but so far so good! The base sits right on the Potomac River and our house almost backs right up to the river. So we have a great view out on our deck! It is a tri-level house and has taken some getting used to but we are so grateful to have a home again! The stairs help us keep Zeus in good shape! Words cannot even begin to express how great it is to have a place to call home again!

As I look back on this year I am humbled and amazed at God's goodness. This time last year, I had quit my job, packed up my classroom, we had packed up our house, moved in with my parents, and we were preparing for Andy to go to OCS for 3 months. We have lived in 5 different places in the past 12 months! Most of our stuff has been in storage, but our lucky parents held on to somethings as well, and we took what we needed in suitcases. My parents were kind enough to take care of Zeus for about 6 months while we were in transit. We went down to one salary and there were a couple of times this year I was not sure how we were going to make it, but we always did. This year has been challenging, but God provided every step of the way. Andy and I learned what it meant to truly rely on each other and our faith. A year later and we made it! I know life will always throw its punches at us, but this year has taught us a lot about dealing with those punches. We are so excited about what God has planned for us here in DC. And I promise to do a better job of sharing it with you all!
Much Love! Andy, Amanda, and Zeus

No comments:

Post a Comment